Wednesday, September 15, 2004

http://www.moluv.com

Now that I have a little more space for writing, I'll be using this page to track my progress for the development of the new version of Moluv.com. I created this site to see how the Blogger administration works and was pleasantly surprised to find one of, if not THE, best administration tools on the web. Big typefaces, buttons, and icons. Lots of complementary colors. Super easy to understand. If the new version of Moluv get's anywhere close to this, then I've achieved something.

I just finished documenting all of the ASP/VBScript objects that Erik and I put together. Now I can start getting used to using them. Maintaining tables, columns, and report pages within VBScript should be pretty simple from here on out.

With these tools, I'm benchmarking a few sites. The first is now Blogger, or course. Next is Archinect. I like the navigation. After that is Styleboost which I keep forgetting to add as a resource at Moluv.com. That site has really come a long way in interface design.

The new version of the site will be a lot more focused on commerce, so I've been playing around with Google's Adwords as well as Amazon's Associate program, Paypal & Ebay, and I've been putting together code and database tables to handle banner placement and statistics. Even if none of this works, it should be a good learning experience I'll be able to share with all the site's visitors. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home