Thursday, September 16, 2004

Kali Seminar

Last night I got to learn a little about knife fighting. We used rolled newspapers instead of knives, though. The women eventually got to use real knives. Men have no control once the hormones kick in.

We did a little open-hand sparring too, which was fun. I got to go against Guru Rocky for the first time. That guy is like lightning. What's scarier, though, is how he started to get my timing down. Fortunately, Tuhan had him fight a dozen other matches before he got to me.

Then there was Guru Rocky against Gura Michelle. That was a match for the ages. You could cut the tension with a knife when they went at it, and both of them were so good. This was better than watching a UFC DVD.

Oh, then Tuhan pulled a shovel out of the shed and Guru Rocky had to defend against it. Outside, at night, with so-so lighting. That was pretty cool to watch too. I luv this stuff!

Now it's time to rest the bruises.

4 Comments:

Blogger Constant said...

Right on! Thanks for stopping by.

4:28 PM  
Blogger moluv said...

Hehehehe. There's no fighting in my basement. It's in someone else's backyard. These guys have great control and have been doing it for years, so no one ever really gets hurt. Except for that one time ... ;-)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Rock said...

Rule #1 of Fight Club?...

Mo, your skills are awesome, it was great mixing it up with you and the others. The atmosphere and the energy was just incredible that night. I always learn something when we all get together. Oh, and that Rocky Balboa/Apollo Creed moment... youch. Good stuff.

12:25 PM  
Blogger moluv said...

Thx Guru. I'll be a lot happier, though, when I'm able to disarm an opponent with a floppy hula hoop. I'll be a lot more awesome when I can pull that off. At first I thought Tuhan was joking when he gave it to you, but then ...

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home