Monday, September 20, 2004

Busy Weekend

I guess I'll have to rest today, because I definitely didn't get any this weekend. Saturday I got to be a part of Guru Rocky's class at Lake Merritt. I don't get to go as much as I'd like, but it's always a worthwhile session. This time, after years of stumbling, I finally figured out how to do the osoto gari, and ouchi gari judo throws, only it was with kali footwork. It makes perfect sense now, but I see now why it's so easy to do, but so hard to explain if you don't know the footwork.

On Sunday I had my housewarming party and Shab performed some top notch belly dance routines with her students in preparation for her return trip to Oregon as the Double Crown champ. Of course, preparing for all of this meant a full day and morning of cleaning.

I also found out that my next door neighbor Duane has been studying Brazilian Jiujitsu for 10 years, and actually studied with the Royce Gracie and the Gracie family while he was instructing at his own school. Also, Duane sells martial arts equipment. He brought over some beautiful ebony escrima weapons. If it were a little longer I would have bought it on the spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home