Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Firefox

I've been using this new browser, made by the folks that invented the browser, and it is waaaay better than Internet Explorer. Faster. Less buggy. Faster. More features. Faster. It has a bunch of fast installing extensions that makes it even more useful. Oh, and it's both faster to start up and it loads web pages faster than Internet Explorer.

t has a built-in pop-up blocker, very small and unobtrusive Google search field, and is compatible with Macromedia Flash. I thought Microsoft had the browser thing all sewn up, but little did I know. You can install it by going to the Firefox web site. Once installed, you can get the great ( and many ) extensions at the Firefox Help: Extensions page.

I've already commanded my daughter to never use IE again, because she has a certain knack for downloading malicious code that can take advantage of the many built-in Microsoft security loopholes. After using it for a month, I see no reason to go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home