Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Road Trippin: Oakland to LA for July 4th

Got some picks from my trip to LA for the Fourth of July weekend. I went down there to visit my long-time friend Eric "Big Dog" Deanda. E is one of those people that doesn't just make lemonade out of a lemon. He'll build designer cups out of the rinds, get top dollar for them, and have a 100% customer satisfaction index. Needless to say he has one of the most brilliant business minds I've ever come across, so it's always great to visit.



Oh, don't let me forget Stacey, Eric's lady, and Nancy. Nancy is Erik's mom, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I've never met a more gracious hostess, and a more savvy salesperson. She's my LA mom.

After 6 long months of waiting, I finally got to see my nephew, the now famous Joshua Deanda. What a sharp kid. Great taste too. As soon as I started drumming, he started moving to the beat and tapping the table in front of him. He obviously has the Deanda trait of recognizing quality. :-)

I drove the Corvette down with Shab and we listened to the Audio CD of One Minute Millionaire. It was pretty inspiring. It really reinforces the connection between success and generosity. A good heart goes a long way towards creating success.

I also hung out with my good friend John Moss and his fiancee Veronica. Hey kids!



All us guys got to hang out at the Santa Monica pier while the lady's went shopping. We talked a little business, watched some of the street vendors perform, then went and kicked it on the beach, where there was a cemetery-like tribute to all the soldiers who have fallen in the Iraq war. It was really great to see such a grand statement being made for these heroes. Of course, they should never have been there in the first place, which was part of the message that was being put across.

After a full weekend of Eric's slammin grilled chicken, beef, links, beach bummin, and watching Spielberg's new masterpiece, War of The Worlds it was time to pose for a few pictures and put Vette in high gear on interstate 5.



Once I got home, I washed the car and went to sleep. No fireworks for me please. A pillow and a DVD will work just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home