Monday, September 20, 2004

Using Flash

Should I continue using Flash in the next version of Moluv? Probably. Although, the deeper I've gotten into Flash, the more I've learned respect the simplicity of pure HTML.

To me, the best use of Flash is when it's being utilized to perform a function that can't be done using any other tool. The new Amplifier site is a great example. Zoom, audio, and video are all used to great effect.

What's even better, is when Flash is being used to do something useful that most other people haven't thought of yet. That's what I did initially with the searchable center column with descriptive mouseovers, and my friend Steved did with the mouse-following shadows in the main logo. This time around, my use of flash will require something just as compelling, if it's going to be used at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home