Thursday, December 16, 2004

Road Runner

After 4 years of reviewing web sites, it's a relief to come across one that blows me away. Time Warner's Road Runner site does that. It's not easy to get to the good stuff unless you have a direct link, but it's worth a visit.

It has real-time video from CNN and the Weather Channel. They've incorporated videos from my daughter's favorite site, Brainpop, and has video reviews of the latest and greatest console video games. That's just for starters. Now if they'd let regular people have accounts to the site, and not just their ISP customers they might have the next Google.

While I'm on the subject of great websites, I've been getting more and more press releases from design organizations and companies that are launching new sites, design competitions, and web-based services. I think Moluv.com must be listed somewhere as a place worthy of receiving stuff like that. It's good to know that our work is appreciated, but since the site wasn't designed to handle this kind of "appreciation", the communications pretty much just stay in my inbox. It looks like that'll be another section I'll have to keep in mind for the next version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home