Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Odds and Ends

The Broadsword
Yesterday in Kali, I got to practice with the broadsword for the first time. It's tricky changing striking styles when switching from stick to broadsword. We typically use "bouncing" strikes with the stick, whereas the broadsword requires a "pulling" strike. The defense changes from one weapon to the other too.

.Net Magazine
I just got an email from the editor of the UK's ".Net" magazine saying there's going to be a mention of Moluv.com in the next issue. How cool is that? I hope I can get all my banner and advertising stuff ready by then.

American LeMans @ Infineon
This Sunday I'm headed out to Sonoma County with my brother to watch the American LeMans race featuring the GT1 class dominating Corvette C6-R's. One of these days I'm going to get my car on that track. As soon as I have enough money to pay for those expensive replacement tires it will happen.

SFBAPC Luncheon
Today I'm going to a luncheon being held by the San Francisco Bay Area Publicity Club. I'll get a chance to meet the editor of Wired Magazine and a deputy bureau chief of The Wall Street Journal. The subject is "Working With Tech Media". Actually, I'd better go now, or else I'll be late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home