Monday, October 31, 2005

Drumming @ The Blood Moon Regale

So Shab gets invited to Unmata's Blood Moon Regale some months ago. She's asked to choreograph a routine for her troupe, Ooh La La, where she will play the Queen of Hearts. The event happened this Saturday, and Shabnam put on another great performance. The only difference this time was that was that I was on stage too, drumming for her.

I did it once in the past, but it was just the same rhythm for 5 minutes and I sat waaaaay off to the side. This time I actually had to really play and be almost front and center. I took some drumming lessons and they helped out a lot. I didn't feel like an idiot when I finished my performance. Which was pretty important, since I was drumming for Shab's solo performance, following her troupe's piece. Also, because there were a bunch of hot tribal bellydancers and a sold out audience of 500+ that I didn't want to fumble in front of.

In spite of losing my cell phone the night before, the hours of waiting, and my shoe falling apart 30 minutes before we went on, it was actually a fun event to be a part of. The whole Unmata crew was great. There was no cattiness or bickering between dancers, and the show went of seamlessly. Shab and I hung out with her troupe for a little at the afterparty, then took the hour drive home in the warmth and convenience of the Vette. And ... we found my phone when I got back.

I think I like having a talented girlfriend. I like drumming too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it Mo... I am sure you & Shab rocked.

9:26 AM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Sounds pretty cool man. I guess James Brown would have been proud, because the "drummer got some".(some: "shine")..lol

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ana-chan said...

"my shoe falling apart"

I sure wld love to know how these things happen?

:)

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home