Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Neighbors

I haven't been posting because there are a few specific topics that I'd like to write about, but haven't had the time to do them justice. One has to do with the Bible and wishing, another has to do with free will. Until I can get those down, I'll talk a little about my neighbors. Apparently, they can either fight or have other very useful talents.

My house is on a corner lot. To my left is Duane, Maria, and their son Diego. Duane runs EDCKnives.com and has at least 10 years of jiujitsu training under his belt. Maria studies capoeira. Oey lives to my left. He's a tattoo artist and has a bunch of years of Wing Chung behind him. For those of you who don't know, Wing Chung is the foundation on which Bruce Lee built his own Jeet Kun Do style.

Recently, one of the guys from my Brazilian jiujitsu class, Angel, moved across the street. Myself, Angel, and Shab played some pool at The Broken Rack in Emeryville. Angel, like myself, happens to have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, so it was nice to have someone to talk geeky engineering stuff with again.

Lastly, there's Jerry Kennedy who's subletting a duplex unit across the street from me for a few months. His music is amazing. When I first saw the bio on his website comparing him to Stevie Wonder and Marving Gaye, my immediate impression was "...uhhh...sure". After hearing the music, though, I clearly understand and agreee with the analogy. The man's a musical genius. Make sure you check out his music, and if you're in the area, check out one of his shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home