Thursday, July 28, 2005

Checking In

Man, I've been so busy keeping Moluv.com updated that I haven't had time to write anything here. So here's a scoop of what's been going on.

Rakkasah - Summer Caravan. Shab performed at this year's Summer Caravan with a routine chock full of new material. As the 2005 Bellydancer of the Universe, and 2005 Bellydancer of the Year, the place got packed when she went on, and she didn't disappoint. Nice going lady.

My New Drum. While I was there a picked up a new djimbe(sp?). Apparently the artist that built it was from Indonesia and wanted to try something new following the tsunami's. This was his first attempt, and it was a good one. It sounds so much better than the practice drum I had been using.

Broadswords. Another day of swordfighting. I bought myself a new broadsword for yesterday's broadsword and double-stick seminar. Someone bought another for me thinking I wouldn't have one, so now I have two. The seminar was pretty fun, but man is my forearm sore.

Google Ads at Moluv.com. I put some Google Adsense links earlier this week, and they pay a lot better than Amazon's associate program. I might actually have a way to pay for my hosting, the extra fees for the SQL Server Account, the Trademarking and the Mailing List account. A good friend of mine was worried that people might think I'm selling out by posting the Google ads. To which, my response is, I'm still maintaining the site for free, so who cares.

I finally got the ASPmail setup too, so that I can notify people when they've been linked. That's something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Hopefully that'll help keep the traffic up.

Trademarks. I finally started the very expensive process of trademarking the Moluv name and logo. There are still a few steps to go, but everything should turn out okay. With the amount of money I shelled out for this stuff (nearly $2000), I'm definitely going to be using it to sell something. Look out for t-shirts. Ooh, and maybe some lingerie. I don't think Shab will mind me interviewing underwear models. ;-)

Jiu-Jitsu. In order to make all the upgrades to Moluv.com, I've pretty much abandoned my jiu-jitsu classes at Ralph Gracie's school in Berkeley. I miss that class. After I figured out the mechanics behind the arm bars, though, it wasn't as challenging anymore. Winning started to become purely a function of patience. Waiting for an opponent to leave an arm dangling, or keeping the neck exposed for too long. It was still fun though. I'll probably start up again in the near future.

Mike's Married and the San Jose Grand Prix. Saturday, one of the administrators of Moluv.com, Mike Mulvey is getting married out here in the San Francisco Bay Area, then the new couple is moving to Miami. On Sunday, I'm going to do my best to see some champ car racing in San Jose. It would be my first for these types of cars. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo -

I just trademarked a logo for a new web-based service.

I used LegalZoom - www.legalzoom.com - to perform the federal and state searches for prior art. They sent me a HUGE report with all the information I needed.

Then, I used the Patent Office's web-base submission tool to submit the trademark (actually, I submitted a Service Mark, but close enough).

LegalZoom's search was $299 and the USPTO fee was $395 for the filing.

If you have a chance to get your $2K back, try!

Hope this helps...

5:09 AM  
Blogger moluv said...

I actually went through LegalZoom, which is why it only cost $2000. I did 2 trademarks in 2 categories. It would have been $4000+ otherwise.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home