Monday, October 17, 2005

Time Off

For the past couple of weeks I've been taking time off. I left my job. Gura's on her honeymoon, so there's no Kali. Juijitsu was left in the dust a long time ago. It's just as well. I hurt my shoulder, so it's had some time to heal, and I've had time to focus on absolutely nothing.

I've been jogging regularly and I've been doing a little more drumming. I had my first lesson on Saturday with Susu Pampanin. The first time I heard her play was about 3 years ago at the El Morroco restaurant in Pleasant Hill. She was impressive then and even more so in a 3-person class.

After banging around on my own for the past year it was about time to get at least a little formal training. That, and Shab asked me to drum for her at the 2005 Blood Moon Regale. It occurred to me that it might be better to not look like an idiot on stage by screwing up the drumming.

Kali starts back tomorrow, and my shoulder is feeling a lot better. Next week, I'll have to start working full-time again, although this time at a company whose product I'd actually recommend. More on that later. Until then, I'm still deciding whether it's better to be as lazy as possible over the next week or to get as much done as I can on the Moluv site. I'll probably end up somewhere in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home