Monday, November 06, 2006

Hate The Game Not The Player @ ShabAndMo.com

I finally got the Shab And Mo website up and running, which means our upcoming December 9th bellydance show, "Hate the Game, Not the Player" is actually going to happen.



Even the blog is functional, but we now we have to start updating it.

I have a good feeling about this one, because we started getting web orders for the workshops the day site was launched. Although I'd be more than happy to take credit for the success out of the gate, the truth is, the workshop teachers are among the best bellydancers in the country.

If you've been to this blog enough times, you know who Shab is. Just scroll down if you don't. Amy Sigil and Una are also at the top of the game. Amy threw the Blood Moon Regale show that I wrote about last year. She runs Unmata, which has to be one of the best bellydance troupes in the land. They won the Bellydancer of the Year, Troupe Category the year before Ooh La la. I don't get impressed by troupes very often, but when I first saw Unmata, I started nudging Shab and asking who they were. Good stuff. Check out Amy's interview to find out a little more.

I've only seen video clips of Una performing her belly-bead rolling technique. All you can do is stare. Amazing. From what I understand, Una is the only bellydancer on the planet that's won more competitions than Shab. In addition to performing, she'll be teaching some belly-bead rolling techniques in her workshop. We were also lucky enough to be able to get an interview with Una also.

Also in the show we have some other award winners. Mandanah, Ahava, and Claudia S'hiri all have performing titles and I can't wait to see their routines. But, I'm really looking forward to seeing Zahara perform again. She was the winner of our Queen of the Bay competition this year, and she went on to win the Star competition in October. I'll have her interview up by tomorrow night.

So, if you're into watching beautiful and talented women dance, mark December 9th on your calendars, and make sure to get to the site early. Queen of the Bay ended up being standing room only. We have a larger venue this time, but don't bet on being able to get a seat if you get there late.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MO!!!!!!!

THE BIG 3-0...WOWWWWWW

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home