Monday, November 13, 2006

The Wedding, The Photographer, The Madonna

A handful of you have been waiting for awhile for me to post these photos, but before you get started, some qualification is needed. Our wedding photographer, Liza Heider has been a friend for quite a few years. When I called her to see if she could hook us up for our wedding, she told me "I should be able to, but I'm in a rush right now, because I have to get to Paris to photograph Madonna in concert". Huhhh?

Liza has always been a super-talented photographer, so it shouldn't have been a surprise to hear ... but it was. Then it dawned on me, our wedding photographs will be completely upstaged (literally) by Madonna's. That being said, at the end of this page, I've thrown in a couple of Liza's shots of the concert. On your way down, make sure to remember that there was an important event that happened in my life too. :-)

Liza will also be helping us out with photography for the Hate the Game, Not the Player bellydance show on December 9th. So, if I haven't said it enough yet, thank you Liza. You're a sweetie.

Liza's Photos
Professional photography at its best.


The last moments of bachelorhood


My father, performing the ceremony


Me and Shab in a candid shot. I think she likes me.


Athos, Porthos, Aramis, and d'Artagnan.


Dancing with Shab, warming up my capoeira ginga


Susu, the best middle-eastern drummer west of the Mississippi. REALLY!


I'm trying to keep up with Susu. A for effort.

Shab and I take photos
Once we took off for the honeymoon, we were on our own for photography.


The view from our room. This photo doesn't do it justice.


Shab knocking out a handstand at the park like it's nothing


Shab knocking out a backbend at the park like it's nothing


The American Flag polo shirt and matching fanny pack gave us a few giggles


We went horseback riding on a secluded beach. That was fun.


My bridging isn't so refined


My little cutie in the private courtyard of our private cottage. Oh yeah.


One of the many cool innkeepers at the Grand View Inn posed us for a photo on our last day.


Another posed photo.


The Grand View Inn was by far the best place I've ever stayed. Unfortunately, the owners were in the process of selling the property. You can see the "For Sale" sign in the photo. Since the web site no longer exists, I think the sale probably completed. Too bad. So sad. It was a great place.

Liza Shoots Madonna's Concert
Okay. Here are a handful of the Madonna photos. If you're as impressed as I was with the photo compositions, give Liza a jangle at her website, www.LizaHeider.com. Just don't ask her to do anything on December 9th.

[Edit 12/28/2006: At the request of Madonna's management the photos have been removed.]

[image removed]
Madonna is ripped. Duzamn.

[image removed]
A kick-ass collage. I'm digging that red accent.

[image removed]
Madonna fanatics ... ahem, fans.

[image removed]
In case you weren't feeling the last 3 photos, this one should do the trick.


Liza is awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home