Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Monetization and Paypal Mobile

I just came across this Paypal Mobile Demo and thought that this warranted a post about monetization methods on the web.



I've signed up for quite a few services in the past, but there are a lot more out there and I'm going to use this post to keep track. So here's the list:
  • Google Adsense - The reigning champ

  • Amazon Associates Program - You have to be dedicated to make this work.

  • CafePress - Even if you don't sell anything, you can create your own one-off custom t-shirt for under $30, with shipping. A great deal.

  • Paypal - 2nd only to Google for the amount I've been able to collect/generate online

  • Ebay - I kicked off a campaign to generate advertising revenue at Moluv.com last year using Ebay. Although the initial winning bid wasn't that large, the subsequent ads that were sold were much bigger, and it brought a lot more attention to the fact that ad space was available.

The next few I haven't used personally as a seller, but they still present some viable options for generating income online.

  • 2Checkout (2CO) - I've used their interface to purchase a couple of software agreements. They must be doing something right.

  • Yahoo! Publisher Network - I haven't used them personally, but any company that's smart enough to scoop up Delicious must have their game face on.

  • Microsoft adCenter - If they continue to stick to their proprietary nonsense, I imagine this may not be as successful as the offerings by other players.

  • Bitpass - These guys are the AMD to Paypal's Intel. I don't know their whole story, but they've been around for awhile and don't seem to be going away.

  • Virtuous.com - They focus on ticket purchasing and they say that 10% of their profits go to your community. I bought some event tickets through their interface a few weeks ago. Not the most attractive, but it works and seems to be for a good cause.

  • Adbrite - Another Adsense-like program. I signed up for this one, but never used it. They seem to be refining the product, so I guess they'll be around for awhile.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm , you kinda know your stuff, but I know more about monetization than you I think. Maybe we can meet for lunch and I can school you a little. You're paying right?

1:18 AM  
Blogger moluv said...

I guess you do know about monetization. Sure, I'll pay.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home