Friday, February 11, 2005

Last Week's Kali

We focused on non-weapon weapons Tuesday of last week. My non-weapon weapon was a scarf. I'll never look at a strip of fabric in the same way. We practiced on utilizing the properties of our "weapons" to their best advantage. In my case the length and flexibility of fabric. We did some knife disarms, perried and countered punches, and even used it against a stick. Surprisingly, the scarf pretty much dominated the stick as a weapon. Just stretch it out and let the stick hit the scarf and you're defended. It was also particularly useful following a lunging opponent. Just loop it around an opponents neck like a jump rope, and BAM!, you have the advantage. I have to give Gura some major props on this one, because I certainly did see it coming when I arrived at class that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home